Friday 28 April 2017

Life without you won’t be the same…But One Day I Have To Let Go Of You! Let Me Love You A Little More Before You’re Not Little Anymore


Son, when you first shared your dreams with me to set your foot on moon, I believed in you. Those sparkling eyes and your drive to discover new planets and galaxies, your eagerness to travel beyond time in space, made me Wish for your dreams to come true!

I still remember the moment I held you in my arms. You were so tiny and I was scared. You filled my life with laughter. I was captivated to your innocent smile. Your giggles and snuggles became a routine. Like a paparazzi I tried to capture every mood of yours.
  
It seems just like yesterday when you could not tie your shoe laces, when you waited for me to change your clothes, when any silly run around the house was a game, when you were the centre of my world and I was your whole world. It was a time when hugs and kisses were not bound to reasons. There were no sulking days. A mere distraction was enough to cheer you up and forget your fears.

Look at you today young man. You have grown so fast. Time does feel to slip out of hands! You are off to school busy scheduling between studies, music, taekwondo, dance, sports. Once back home you again have a day planned.

You now appear to have a road map laid to find your destiny. You have expanded your horizon of aspirations.

Sooner than I realize you would be ready to fly out of the nest your dad and I built for you over the years. You will leave a trail of memories behind for us to cherish. Our destinations would differ and our lifestyles would vary. With new technology breaking paths every day, don’t judge your folks based on our knowledge and disability to use advanced tech equipped gadgets.

We have done for you the best we could. We gave you wings to soar high. We won’t burden you with the baggage of emotions that your dreams retreat even before its time for you to try!

The day would slip in inaudibly when you retire us of our routine duties and keep us (parents) as your hotline number only; calling us when in need. And we would still be happy to be on the other side of the mirror.

A saying goes around “Men are what their mothers made them”. I have taught you to be human; I have taught you to be tolerant. I have let you fall to understand pain. I have allowed you to make decisions to differentiate between what works sometimes and what does not work at times. I have encouraged you to cry when you felt the need. I have wiped your tears and stood by you in times of fright. I have taught you the strength of prayer.

I have tried imparting to you all the qualities your woman would want to see in her man.

I am letting go of you, slowly and gently.

So, be vigilant of your desires. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you have imagined. At the same time, remain entrenched in the ground to reach your roots when your heart feels the need. I am cutting the unseen umbilical cord today that joined you to me from your birth. I am setting you free to touch the sky of your limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment