Saturday 13 June 2015

Reflections: From a Woman's Diary

Life is all about creating!

Creating a newer Me!

With each passing day facing the truth, only to realize, I am unseen, unthanked and sometimes unaccepted among the people I live.

My tears flow unnoticed. My feelings go unheard.
My words fell on deaf ears. My plight seen by blind eyes.

And yet I go on doing what I have been brainwashed to do, day in and day out. Take care....take care of everyone around, but me! Do as other's say. But forgot to listen to my inner voice. I was taught I will feel happy when people around me are happy. In the process to make others happy I lost my identity. I became what others expected me to be. I did everything that would make them happy. And soon, I lost my idea of Happiness.

A big question that kept my mind rolling....Was I happy?

On the surface, it seemed like I was! But when I surfed deeper into my thoughts, I got a wake up call. My life had fallen apart. I had completely lost the track of myself in the process to become a woman from being a girl. I was the last person who mattered in my own life! Alarming!

Last night I escaped the rush hours of my life and was lucky enough to find sometime by myself. In the park under the night sky, a slight wind breeze kissing my cheeks, stars glaring back at me, I was alone..and Happy!..:-).. It was a feeling of freedom like never before. It was as if I had unchained myself from the fear of loneliness. I sat there for hours. 

Ah! I could not believe myself!..:-)..

Today came as a new morning, a new life, a new me!

Saying goes, when a problem or a person enters your life, it does not go away till you have learnt your lesson. Very proudly I announce that, may be not with flying colors, but I passed and learnt my lesson well..:-)..

"My Happiness is My Responsibility". 

The whole idea of being alone and still staying happy seems ridiculous to many. Perception goes to be happy you need people around you. One's happiness is counted by number of friends in their life or money they earn or their spending power or some other stupid logic that is backed up by validations. In a way they need a reason to justify their happiness too! Not so cool!

Know that it takes more courage to believe what seems ridiculous!

And where you stand today might be the only chance!

Happiness is Real. Staying sad is your choice!

Think over!



No comments:

Post a Comment